Sunday, October 31, 2010

This Is Halloween

 We finally made it to Truckee, California! I have wanted to visit here for quite some time and having one of my closest friends living here now, it was the perfect excuse! Anna Goodman and her boyfriend Marco Sullivan have a beautiful house in Truckee and we were lucky enough to be able to visit when they were both home from busy lives on the White Circus (World Cup Ski Circuit). We planned it perfectly to visit for Halloween which is not only one of the best holidays, but also my birthday!! It was very special to spend it with Anna and Marco and their friends.

We all had jobs on a very hectic Hallow's Eve. Andrew was in charge of costumes and keeping the fire stoked

I was in charge of pumpkin carving!

Anna was in charge of baking for the Halloween potluck!


 Mad carving skillz

 Anna's delicious pumpkin scones

 Andrew working on the jet packs

Finished pumpkin snowman!



Jet-packs and helmets ready to go

 Finished product. Thanks to the NASA FIS team for the inspiration!

 Whole crew headed to "Tainted Love" a super rocking 80's cover band! What a great night of dancing and belting out the classics.
The night was perfect (except for marco having to miss out!) and I was content with my birthday already! But the actual day was almost better! It started out with a great breakfast at a local diner in downtown Truckee and ended up with an amazing cruise around Lake Tahoe thanks to Cramer and his killer orange boat!
Anna and Marco loving the sunny fall day!

 Marco getting ready to show his manlyness and jump in the lake! Crazy Alpiners.

Great form.... (maybe you should stick to speed)

The speedster. This thing RIPS!

 We stopped at the Fresh Ketch for a little afternoon dinner and I got a free sunday for my birthday! Wahoo!

 The cruise back to the boat launch was beautiful with the sun setting over the mountains and casting beautiful alpenglow over the eastern side of the lake.

 My pumpkin in all his glory

All in all it was a truly perfect way to spend my 24th birthday and a perfect first visit to the Tahoe area. Hopefully next time we will be here when we can shred some of the sweet powder I have heard so much about! Thank you to everyone who thought of me today and sent me birthday wishes. It will be sad to leave Anna, but exciting to watch her and Marco slay this season on the world cup circuit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment