Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Just Wanna Live While Im Alive, Its. My. Life

It's my life
It's now or never
But I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said, I did it my way
I just wanna live while I'm alive
It's my life
-Bon Jovi

Who needs therapists when we can just listen to the lyrics of rock songs? Honestly, they've got it going on. Whenever I am down, I just throw on some good ol' 80's rock and it reminds me to go out there and do it. Because like Bon Jovi so eloquently states, 'Its now or never'. That's basically how we feel about this trip, if not now, then when? But I get ahead of myself... I was talking about Bon Jovi. Now most people, I truly believe, have a hard time really disliking Bon Jovi. Many people say they do, but you throw on "Livin' on a Prayer" and within no time they are singing along and rocking out. Its true, try it sometime. I, on the other hand, have no problem proudly stating that I am a Bon Jovi fan and I don't care who knows it!
There definitely were not too many people sitting still at the concert in Calgary on Wednesday night. Even with a 'calf injury' John still rocked out like it was 1983.

JBJ Rockin' out at the Dome

Ava and I watching the fireworks at the Stampede after the amazing show!

So basically what I am trying to say is (again using the unchallenged eloquence of JBJ):

First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
My momma thinks I'm crazy
My dad says I'm insane
I got this boogie woogie fever
That's burning in my veins
All I want, is to be a Rolling Stone
They don't understand what we all know
It feels so good that it ought to be illegal
I got my vaccination from a phonograph needle
I'll never grow up and I'll never grow old
Blame it on the love of rock & roll

1 comment: