Monday, July 12, 2010

The Waiting

I know I must do better than this if I want to keep up an entertaining blog like some people I know. (i.e. Kelly McBroom and Anna Goodman). We actually have been quite busy the last couple weeks which is the lame excuse for my poor blogging skills.
Andrew has been hard at work on Kumu. Sanding, bonding, priming and sanding some more. I did help out, but I dont think I was made to do work like that. I may possibly have a mild case of ADD which causes me to work in a non-logical manner which basically just makes the whole process go slower. Ergo, I did a small part but I really think it's best left to Andrew. that being said we should be done today or tomorrow which means we can get it PAINTED! Yahoo!! No more rust bucket for us! Check back soon for updated pictures! Andrew has also been hard at work builing a house in beautiful Lac des Arc. Not a bad summer job... except when it rains ALL the time.
As for me, I had my first official coaching job with Lake Louise Ski Club on a one week camp down in Mt Hood, Oregon with Pierre Luc Dumoulin. Despite Mt. Hood being a summer training resort frequented by many teams, it was actually my first time there. We missed 2 out of 7 days on snow because of rain and 90 mile an hour winds. But thats okay, we made up for it by going to OMSI! Portlands sweet science center. We also managed a day trip to Hood River where it was over +30, so that was pretty great too!
Cooking for 13 was a bit of a chore, but we made it look good!
PL (The man in charge of the madness) standing on the clouds
Crazy clouds from the crazy wind
Up at mirror lake

I created little motorboating monsters. Muahahahaha

The whole crew (sans PL) up at Mirror Lake

Love at first sight.

I feel pretty good about my first coaching experience. I really felt like if I could make just one kid better, or get a little more stoked about skiing I had done my job. Because when it comes down to it, skiing is a super radical sport and we SHOULD be stoked about it. And we should all really enjoy the feeling of the freedom of being out in nature and ripping down the mountainside. If I can get a few kids to recognize that, I am happy.

As for the upcoming adventures, well, we are on a countdown of about 5 weeks. Its coming up fast and there is still a lot to take care of, but it does feel a bit like waiting. The anticipation level is rising, and both of us just want to get on the road.

Also, just right now, I have decided to start each blog with a song title... or a song lyric... It will be interesting how far I have to stretch my writing to make the subject relevant.
Until next time (hopfully sooner than last time!)

*The Waiting-Tom Petty*

No comments:

Post a Comment