Monday, July 12, 2010



Well I figure its about time I add something to the blog. I have been working like a dog trying to save up some denieros to make this trip possible by helping to build a house in the little hamlet of Lac Des Arcs. The guys I work with are rad, and I am learning a ton along the way too.
We both decided that we should get Kumu in tip top shape before we depart (only 5 weeks away now!) and in that we both decided a makeover was in order - more so she doesn't fall apart from rust than for style...

So I took on what I thought was going to be a nice little hobby of doing the body work, little did I know that it would consume my every waking hour for the last 3 weeks!!!!!!

First came the removal of the rust......
Then loads and loads of sanding; both before and after the primer.
With a little luck and a lot of after work hours, hopefully she'll be done in time for our buddy to paint her up this Friday....

After this, hopefully the rest of the tasks won't be too time consuming so I can enjoy a little chill time........

So, I am sure you all saw Shona's detailed recount of her history and what brought her to here in her first post..... Well I can tell you that I am not an Olympian nor a Canadian champion. I am simply a guy who decided being a physicist wasn't the path for me right now, and decided to take a risk and move across the country to follow a true passion of mine, skiing. I landed a job in Kimberley BC as a ski coach, wow, nine years ago, and never really looked back. Quickly I realized that skiing and travelling the world were key to my happiness and have been doing so ever since. Each winter I ended up back in western Canada with an amazing adventure south almost every summer. Now, I have actually found someone crazy enough to drop almost everything and have no serious endpoint to go with me....... I have deemed this one the Mega trip. Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment